The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.
I. GOD GIVES US A PROVERB ABOUT DEBT.
A. Habitual borrowing will make you a slave to lenders.
B. Heavy indebtedness is like carrying a heavy burden.
II. JESUS GIVES US A PARABLE ABOUT DEBT.
A. When you take on too much debt, valuables get sold out.
1. Your freedom gets sold out.
2. Your peace of mind gets sold out.
3. Your money gets sold out.
4. Your family gets sold out.
B. Debt is a cruel master.
1. Resolve to stay free from debt.
2. Resolve to get free from debt.
III. THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR PARAKLETOS.
A. The Holy Spirit is our comforter.
B. The Holy Spirit is our heavy lifter.